Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sniffy

***UPDATE***: I am happy to announce that Sniffy Lucy is back with her family! Her owner saw our signs in the neighborhood & called us this afternoon. And the kids didn't even cry when she left. (Oh, and Kallie eventually decided that she'd rather play with the dog & just deal with the hives. She spent the day finding ways to play with Sniffy without actually touching her.)

So late last night (about 11:30) as I was in my car, I came across this little dog on our street. I backed up and watched for a minute to see if anyone was with her. Nope. So I went home to get Shane. We walked back down, and after realizing that she didn't have a collar or tag, we brought her home with us & let her sleep in the laundry room.

She is super small & very expensive-looking. I'm sure her owners are looking for her today. We posted signs in our neighborhood & will just wait for someone to call us.

The kids woke up and were immediately love-struck with "Sniffy", as Kallie named her (since she sniffs everything). We took her for a walk through the neighborhood (she sat on Seth's lap in the double stroller) and asked everyone who was out if they recognized her. No luck. We brought her back to our house & let the kids play for a while.

Well, all of a sudden Sniffy started living up to her name in more ways than one, when we realized Kallie was having an allergic reaction. She broke out in hives and was all itchy and...sniffy. Back to the laundry room poor Sniffy had to go. Kallie went from, "I love Sniffy soooooo much!" to "I don't want that dog here with us ANYMORE" in about 30 minutes.

Sniffy has to go. Hopefully she will be reunited with her owners very soon so that we don't have to take her to a shelter.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

awwww, she's a shih tzu, like what I grew up with (chester and buster). She's groomed so someone will definitly be looking for her. Did you call the shelters to let them know you have her and where you found her in case the owners call the shelters looking for her?

Betsy said...

awwww, she's a shih tzu, like what I grew up with (chester and buster). She's groomed so someone will definitly be looking for her. Did you call the shelters to let them know you have her and where you found her in case the owners call the shelters looking for her?

Elaine Johnson said...

I thought for about 30 seconds that maybe this was OUR dog, that is--if the owner never showed. Phew. I'm relieved she has a home!

Little Oak Table said...

that was a cute little dog!

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Too bad you guys couldn't keep the doggy :(

On another note...how the heck did you run in to a flock of birds?????

sheri said...

this story made me laugh out loud! hooray, sniffy!!! oooo, I just love happy endings!

Alli said...

I need a Johns update!
:)