Monday, July 07, 2008

A day on the lake...

We really wanted to take the boat out on the 4th, but we knew that would be crazy because of the crowds, so we went today! It turned out to be a very smart move...we had the whole lake to ourselves! We picked up this kid-friendly tube from Walmart to tow behind the boat. They all three LOVED it! Here's Seth & Kallie on its maiden voyage...


Luke couldn't be held off for long...here's Luke & Mommy!


Seth had a blast. He would have tubed all day long. And he loved being in the water. Lake water....eeeeewwwww.


Kallie is a girly-girl and not really the outdoors type. She enjoyed the tubing, but after a few hours she was ready to go home.


This is how Shane muscled Luke in and out of the boat. Luke is a wild man. He was wanting to jump off the sides of the boat while it was stopped and walk around while it was going. He made me nervous.


We tried letting all three kids ride together, but it only lasted about two minutes. Kallie couldn't keep Luke sitting down in the tube.


Cooling off...


And this was the finale...
I don't think I have been on a pair of water skiis in at least 10 years, maybe more. I have to say, it was F*U*N! But I think this mommy is going to be sore tomorrow.




4 comments:

Elaine Johnson said...

Fun times.

So, I'm back. We need to get together.

Diane Taylor said...

Oh, Allison...what a fun time it looks like you had! I LOVE seeing you making such wonderful memories with your sweet family; God is SO Good, isn't He!!!! Loved the pictures - I could hear the kids giggling...

Jeni said...

Hey girl – I didn't even know you HAD a boat! Way cool! Looks like a great time was had by all. =)

Alli said...

Love it!