Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Kallie & Luke

These two are so close. I have been so thrilled with how well they get along and play together while Seth is at school. The other day they got into my fabric box and played dress-up with fabric scraps.





Today was the first day of school for them. Kallie was so excited that she literally couldn't sleep last night. She wanted me to wake her up extra early this morning. It has been tough for her to watch Seth go to school everyday and have to wait a whole week for her turn.





I'm not totally sure that Luke knew what was going on, but he was excited anyway. And I don't really know why he was raising his hands. Maybe it was in praise to God for finally getting out of the house! Or maybe it was just to warn the school...watch out people, here I come!




Here's their cute new backpacks that Nana bought for them with their names on them.







Here's Kallie in her new class.




And here's Mr. Luke walking to class like a big boy.




I was afraid he might be hesitant, but he went in like a champ. He held onto my leg for about 30 seconds and scoped everything out first, and then he was ready to go.




It is neat every year to see how God chooses their teachers for them. He knows them even better than I know them. Seth is our sensitive child, and every single year he gets a teacher that just oozes sweetness, sensitivity, compassion, caring and understanding. I mean EVERY year...his pre-K, kindergarten, 1st grade, and now 2nd grade teachers have all been cut from the same mold. And he absolutely falls in love with them as much as they fall in love with him. Kallie, on the other hand, doesn't need quite so much of that, and her teacher this year is all business. As soon as Kallie walked into the classroom, she was asked to go right to her seat, open up her spiral notebook and write her name at the top of the page. I bet Kallie thinks she is BIG STUFF now that she's doing "real" schoolwork. And as far as Luke goes, who knows what he needs!? Ha ha. Like I said, it will be exciting to see who God pairs them up with in the years to come. They are all growing up so fast, and I am so thankful for teachers who love them and for a God who lovingly watches and cares for them when they are away from me.

1 comment:

Diane Taylor said...

Oh, Allison...what a sweet post! They are growing up SO fast -- and you are so on target that God knows what they need better than even you do and how awesome of Him to love them (and us!) as He does. I LOVED hearing about their first day of school -- and...please get Seth's e-mail account set up for me :) Love you!