Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Prayer time...

On Wednesday nights I have to put the kids to bed by myself since Shane's at church so late. I usually try to trick Shane into doing bath & bedtime by himself during the week (let's just say it's not my favorite part of the day), but on Wednesdays I just try to make the best of it. So tonight I put all three kids in Kallie's bed and read them a Bible story. Then we decided that each of us would pray for one thing. I announced that I would pray for school since we are in the first week here. Seth decided that he would pray that no one else in our family would get sick or injured (this was mainly for Kallie's benefit!). Kallie needed some guidance, so we decided that she would pray for missionaries, specifically for our friends Josh & Amy who are in Africa. And then Luke, of course, would just say thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Seth, Kallie, his friends, & Jesus.

So here's how it went:

Mommy prayed for school. Seth was next.

Seth: Dear Jesus, please keep us all well and please don't let anyone else get injured. And please don't let anyone in the air force get killed. (This was so sweet to me, because we visited the Air Force Museum a few weeks ago. I just know that he's probably been thinking about that since then.)

And then it was Kallie's turn. Remember, she's supposed to pray for the missionaries.

Kallie: Dear Jesus, I love my room so much. I love to pick out my own clothes and get myself dressed. And I love brushing my teeth and using mouthwash. Amen. (Seth rolled his eyes.)

(Amy, I promise I will pray for you guys tonight.)

Luke finished well. He just repeated his prayer after me while he squinted really hard. It was super cute. He gets really anxious for the ending because he LOVES to say "amen" as loud as he can.

It was a sweet time.

3 comments:

Elaine Johnson said...

Allison, I LOVE this. So sweet. I'm so glad you shared it. I just love the innocence. And I love you!

Alli said...

I loved catching up on your life...on your awesome trip too! You looked gorgeous! Oh, and I'm jealous you and Em got to see one another. Can't wait to get together with my girls again sooon! Love ya!

Joshua, Amy, Caleb, Abby, Anna & Luke said...

No prob... she can pray for us next time :) too cute! Can't wait for us to share more mommy stuff when I see you guys in less than 2 months!! AGGGHHH can hardly wait! love ya