Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation Part 3 - Amelia Island

Finally, we were off to Nana & Papa's beach! This was a highly anticipated event, even if one little girl in particular couldn't get in the water.

This is still the preferred mode of transportation to and from the beach, but being the engine is not a desirable job.


Me & my brother Brian...


Nana and Kallie were BFF's this trip. Nana was her constant companion, making sure that the cast stayed dry & sand-free. Thanks Nana! I don't think Nana minded, at least she didn't let on if she did. We laugh so hard at these two, because they truly were cut from the same mold. It is like getting a glimpse of what my mom was like as a child. Or maybe a glimpse of Kallie as an adult...either way, little Kallie is just like her Nana! Which is a really good thing. :)


My boys...


Papa found this really cool hole in the sand. The kids loved it!


We decided that Luke would have swam to Europe if we'd let him. He is a little fishy. We couldn't take our eyes off him for a second.


Here's the whole gang! (Minus the lady behind the camera, of course.)


Seth enjoyed riding the waves this trip!


Kallie's arm was always layered with seran wrap and a trouser sock.


My niece Hannah was scared of the water, but she and Luke LOVED playing in the sand...




They also loved playing with Papa! Luke made up a new game while we were there, and Hannah caught on pretty fast too. He would say, "Night-night Papa!" and Papa would pretent like he was asleep. And then Luke would yell, "Wake up!!!!!" Papa would scream and then they would both squeal with delight! Of course, we ALL got to play their new game about 1,000 times more than we really wanted to.


Luke and Hannah were talking so much more this trip than last time. Poor Luke got a little confused with the whole Hannah and Nana thing, and after a while Nana somehow became Anna, which was actually really cute. He even did it with Grammie, who became Hammie by the end of the week. Luke regularly leaves off consonants though...like chocolate is hau-weh and popsicle is hauhicle.

My favorite day of the trip was the day that Mom & I went out without the kids! We had lunch at Barbara Jean's, had Starbucks while we got our hot stone mani's & pedi's, shopped 'til we dropped, and then had Cheesecake Factory for dinner! What a perfect day!

Mom & Dad took Seth & Kallie to the Magic Kingdom while we were on our cruise, but I don't have pictures. Maybe Mom will post some on her blog, but I won't hold my breath. ;)

1 comment:

Diane Taylor said...

That was my favorite day of your trip also :)! I miss you all SO MUCH already. Yes...I will post pictures on my blog...soon...