Saturday, September 06, 2008

Yes, I know it's inappropriate...but he's SO cute!!

So here's the story. Luke turned two in May, but we have not started trying to potty train him yet. I just haven't had the energy. I know it's coming soon, but he's a boy, and boys can go longer, right? In fact, he has asked several times to go potty, but I usually just tell him no. For two reasons...one, it's usually at a time when it's not convenient to un-diaper & re-diaper him, and two, I figure that if we don't LET him do it, he'll only want to do it more someday when we start potty training. (Why not let sin nature work for us??)
Well, Thursday night our worship practice went really long, so I sent the kids home with our friend Callie. Shane was already at home with Seth, so he gave the boys a bath. I am not really sure why, but for some reason Shane had the idea to let Luke try out his aiming skills in the bath tub. (And remember, he has never gone on the potty before.) So Shane held out a big blue cup and let Luke give it a shot. And he did it! Shane said that he was so excited and so proud of himself that he pulled out the camera to document the moment for me. Here's Luke holding his trophy...


I know it's disgusting, but is that not the proudest little two-year-old face you've ever seen? And the very next night, Shane took him to the big potty and Luke had his first successful lesson! Again, he was so proud of himself and we all hooped and hollered with him. What's funny is that he is actually tall enough to stand. Most boys this age have to learn by sitting because they are not tall enough!
Sorry, I just had to share that with you. Hey, at least I don't take pictures of them sitting next to their first poo like Kate from Jon & Kate Plus Eight! I mean what's a little cup-o-pee compared to that??!

5 comments:

Diane Taylor said...

I laughed out loud with this one! I LOVE that ltitle face!!!! Well...to improve the aim and challenge him even more, you could throw Cherios in the potty and let him try to sink them.

Alli said...

Whatever it takes sister! He's so cute in that picture!

Emily said...

yeah for pee!!!!!!!

Jeni said...

LOVE it!!! But I seriously hope you burned that cup after.... =)

Mrs.Hampton said...

I love it.That is the sweetest little proud face.