Monday, October 15, 2007

A Johns Saturday

We took some cute pictures on Saturday that I wanted to share. Kallie went to another baby shower with me this week. I think she's enjoying getting to do girl stuff. This time she wanted to wear a dress & wanted me to braid her hair.
She brought baby Emma along with her. Here she is swinging her around.
Seth is quite the daddy's boy these days. He thinks his daddy can do anything. Here was the conversation at the table during our after-school snack today:

Seth:
It's really good that we have Daddy, isn't it?
Me: Yes, he's a good daddy.
Seth: We need him, because you can't even drill.
Me: Nope, I can't drill.
(He then proceeds to name all of the other things I can't do that Daddy can do.)
Me: Well, it's a good thing you have me, too, because there are things Daddy can't do, right?
Seth: Yeah, like...(he stops to think for a really, really, really long time)...like you can touch the ceiling & Daddy can't.
Me: Yep.

Not quite what I was going for but true nonetheless. But I can't blame him. We do have a good daddy. He gets Seth up every morning & gets him ready for school. They walk everyday & sometimes take the dogs along. And then Shane does homework and reading with Seth every afternoon. They also throw a lot of footballs together. It sure does make this mommy's life just a little easier. And hey, I'm always there to save the day when there's a light bulb to change. On a side note, Shane's response to all this was, "Well, not every daddy can be a legend." Hilarious.
Luke was trying to throw the football at the park on Saturday. This was after he watched Daddy & Seth for a while. It was so funny, because he kept trying to get it over his shoulder and it would just fall back behind him every time.

Look Mom, no hands!

What a sweet boy.

I love this picture. He looks like such a big man. And no, Mom, I'm not pregnant. It's just the shirt.

1 comment:

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Alli, my front porch light needs changing...