Thursday, August 16, 2007

Kiddo Updates

LUKE - Be still my heart.

Seriously, I don't know if it's possible for a Mommy to be more in love with a baby. He is at an age right now where he is total joy. I can't get enough of him. When the boys get old enough we switch them from baby pajamas to white t's like Daddy wears. Luke made the switch this week, and I tell you what, you have never felt more cuddly goodness than when this baby is hugging & kissing all over you in his little white tee. Last night he had a really bad cough and was wide awake in his crib at 1:00 am. He wasn't crying, just coughing his little head off and rolling around in there. I went in and gave him some medicine and he let me rock him for the longest time. He's just such so affectionate these days. Nothing beats those open-mouth kisses!



He's actually growing some hair too, as you can see! It took a while, and it's still coming in like old man hair, but at least it's coming in. He absolutely loves playing in the backyard...in the water...in the sand...with the dogs. Doesn't mind being dirty AT ALL. When we don't let him go out, he stands at the back window and points to the doggies & the birds (two of his favorite words).


Is this a cute pair or what??


We are officially pacie-addicted. I didn't realize it was so bad until we drove home from Putt-Putt the other night (it was after 10:00, MUCH past his bedtime, and it was a 30+ minute drive) without one...he screamed the whole way home. And then a few nights ago we couldn't find one anywhere...searched the whole house top to bottom. (It's amazing to me how you can have 5 one day and none the next.) But he decided it was okay to just suck on Kallie's medicine dropper for her baby doll. Silly, I know, but hey, when you're desperate, you're desperate.



This picture makes me smile. :) We were at the park (which was quite a feat in itself...it's STINKIN' hot here!) and he was so tired he just plopped down under this tree with the dogs. He sat there for a really long time. They were all 3 tired out. He's a piddler...loves to pick up sticks, rocks, leaves...he gets it honest - his Daddy & Pops are piddlers too.



When it's really hot his poor little face turns bright red, but his eyebrows stay white...so cute!










Kallie, oh, Kallie...what else can I say?
Kallie makes us laugh the most these days. I tell ya, this girl's a mess. Today she was supposed to be resting on the couch, and when I walked by I heard a crinkling sound under her blanket. She also had a suspicous look on her face. I asked her if she had something under the blanket, and she pulled it back to reveal a bag of chocolate chips she'd been munching on. She's so much fun to be around, and I really enjoy the occasional times we get to do things like go shopping, just the two of us. I'm looking forward to more days like that once Seth starts school.




She loves to pretend. In fact, she pretends all day long. Here she was getting married.




Another funny story. (Not for the faint of stomach, though.) She came into my room the other day asking for beef jerky. I told her that we didn't have any left. Shane took some to Africa, but we haven't had any here for at least a month. Later in the day I walked downstairs and she was sitting on the couch eating beef jerky! I asked her where she got it, and she said that Seth gave it to her. My first thought was that he probably hid a secret stash somewhere. Not the case. When I asked him where it came from he stood up and lifted the couch cushion. Gross. Apparently he knew it was there, but do you think he was eating it? No. But did he give it to his sister? Yes.



Seth - Six going on sixteen.

Can you believe that we will have a first-grader in about a week and a half? He is getting so big. This week he learned how to tie his shoes. He picked it up so fast. I think Shane only showed him once. He's probably tied them 100 times since Monday night. Daddy took him shopping for new school shoes. He is getting so excited.


He's such a sweet brother too. He helps me with Luke and is so sweet to him.

Here he was brushing Kallie's hair for me after her bath. I can truly say that it will be sad having him gone all day, but at the same time he will enjoy having a structured day. Our days are a little monotonous, and Seth craves excitement!

He's swimming like a fish. (You wouldn't know it by this picture, but I couldn't resist!) He can now jump off the diving board and swim to the side all by himself. I'll post a lot more about Seth when he starts school on the 27th!



It's so much fun having a Daddy who's a youth pastor. He enjoys the youth & they enjoy him. This was at Putt-Putt.

4 comments:

Alli said...

I love your family. I wish we lived nearby! I must say, now after reading your post, Tate eating 1/2 day old saltine cracker bits off the kitchen floor this evening is now not as bad as I thought!

Diane Taylor said...

I loved the update! I miss you all. But how blessed we are -- the Lord is SO good! You are a good mom.

Stephanie said...

These pictures are precious! Such sweet times. I love what you said about Luke...be still my heart. You made me regret not spending more time outside. How do you do it in this heat? I'm sure Hudson would be happier if I let him run around outside...but it's so hot!!

Emily said...

Love the post..what is it about the third that just makes you crazy love them??? Maybe we finally realized they grow so fast, and we sit back and enjoy each and every phase because we know how quick it goes.....

how did you get the frames around your pics? and position them so good? I need blogger help