Monday, August 27, 2007

FIRST day of FIRST grade!!!

It was a very early morning at the Johns house this morning! We are five sleepy-heads when it comes to getting up early, and we had to leave the house at 7:30!!! Seth was very excited, but Daddy & I could tell he was a little hesitant. Hopefully he will come home this afternoon with wonderful stories of his first day of first grade! Can you believe all those school supplies they require? Let's just say there's no way they would fit in his backpack.


The school is really close so most days we will walk. Does this face say, "What in the world is going on and why am I so sleepy?" He's sitting in my lap right now as I'm typing with the same face. I don't know if the morning nap can even wait until 9:00.


Here we are!


Doesn't he look so big?


Check back this afternoon for an update!


ps...It's 8:50 & Luke is asleep.

4 comments:

Diane Taylor said...

Hey! It is 10:00 here -- I was going to call you but I thought you might be taking a morning nap! Seth looks so big; we prayed for himi this morning - what a big boy!!! He is growing up fast. We are proud of him.
Love,
Nana and Papa

Jeni said...

I'm all weepy looking at your pics. John starts Kindergarten next fall and I cry every time I think about it - I never thought I'd be one of THOSE moms. But he's my BABY!!! Seth looks so grown up. What a proud mommy moment!

Emily said...

yeah Seth!
That totally looks like a Shane "rig-up" with his school supplies in it...bet nobody else had that smooth ride! how cool that ya'll can walk to school! Annalyse is back asleep by 9am every monring since school started around here too!!

Tami Muhlbauer said...

I can't wait to hear how his day went! So, did you cry your eyes out or did you hold up like a trooper? I'm going to be a mess when Taylor starts - oh I don't even want to think about it!

Nice ride you guys made Seth for his supplies...