Friday, January 18, 2008

Christmas Eve Pajama Party!!!!

Every year my mom makes ALL OF US matching pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. Just in case you can't picture what that would look like, here's a blast-from-the-past...



Okay, so this year she decided that was WAY too many pairs of pajama pants to sew, so every family was responsible for their own matching pajamas. And here's the end result...



We also began a new tradition this year ... we all participated in the THE FIRST ANNUAL TAYLOR CHRISTMAS EVE VARIETY SHOW! Every family had to perform, and let me tell you, we're not competetive AT ALL....nope, not at all!!

ACT I: Mom & Dad performed "The Bunny Hop" (to the actual Bunny Hop song, of course.) They did more laughing than hopping, I think. The judges decided that they will definitely need to step up their game next year, although they definitely scored high with bravery points alone. I mean, seriously, do you KNOW my dad? They pulled the kids up on "stage" to hop with them halfway through the song. This did not go over well with Hannah. I think it's because Papa was shaking her insides out. And Kallie never pulled the hat off of her eyes.


ACT II: Our family "adapted" a tooth fairy skit we saw some girls do at church. (Yes, that's my real hair. If you ask really nice I'll do your hair for you like that...)It ended up being pretty funny. The reactions from the audience speak for themselves. I would post the video here, but I don't want something like that getting loose online (or among the youth group)!



ACT III: Brian & Mary read an original poem. I would post it here but Mary would kill me. It definitely won the award for creativity & cleverness (is that a word?). They had us cracking up.ACT IV: Travis & Stephanie wowed us with some black magic. We weren't sure where they were going with it for a while, but in the end they definitely had our attention. I finally caved and looked up the solution on google. I think this is totally fair...I mean, come on, would a REAL magician use a trick that's on the internet? I think not.


Merry Christmas!



3 comments:

Alli said...

Your hair is amazing.

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Shane is so attractive in a tu-tu!!

Emily said...

Love the hair. Love the jammies!
What a fun family time!!!