Friday, March 16, 2007

One Tough Mommy

Okay, I know the following story has been a source of amusement for many of you, so I have decided to give in & let the rest of you enjoy a laugh at my expense. So here's what happened...

Yesterday, I had just returned from the doctor's office where I was told I had an ear infection, an upper respiratory infection & a fever. After getting my prescriptions & coming home, I decided to put Luke in the playroom to play for a while. Luke is at the age where if he actually sees you leave the room, he screams. But if he doesn't, he'll just play contentedly. So in an attempt to make a quick exit, I made a split-second (stupid) decision to hurdle the baby gate instead of stepping over it. My toes caught it, and I fell really hard, dislocating my shoulder. So there I was, lying on the floor at the top of the stairs screaming for Seth to go get Daddy, only to remember that he had gone to the store. Then I started screaming for Seth to bring me the phone, but he got scared & upset & just started crying from downstairs that he couldn't (while Luke is standing at the gate crying as well). I remembered many years ago taking my friend, Chris Brooks, to the ER after he dislocated his shoulder playing softball, and all they did was lift his arm over his head, pop it back into place & send him home with a sling and some pain pills. So...deciding that I was not about to give anymore money to our local ER (we already give them quite a bit) I decided to use my left arm to pull my right arm over my head & pop it back into place. It worked. It's pretty sore, but I'm okay. And Shane says that he is posting "No Jumping" signs in the house. Hysterical.

1 comment:

Diane Taylor said...

I think she's Super Mom!!!!!! (Not because you think you can fly but because you failed to say that you still were able to complete Tami's birth announcements, thank you notes, and who knows what else that night!)
Love,
Mom