Friday, March 16, 2007

Father/Son Camping

Seth really, really wanted to go on the youth camping trip, but unfortunately Shane couldn't be a daddy and a youth pastor at the same time (not on this trip anyway...there was lots of hiking, rafting etc.) But he promised Seth that when he got back in town he would take him on an overnight camping trip...just the two of them. For four days Seth asked me constantly if he could call Daddy to see when he was coming home...he was so excited! Kallie caught wind of it, and decided she was going camping too. Seth said this was alright with him, even though I could tell he felt like she was intruding on the fun. After I hurt myself, Kallie came into my room and started "fake" sneezing. She said, "Mommy, I have the sneezes...you can't go camping when you're sick." So she stayed home with me. I think Seth & Daddy were a little relieved. Seth loved the s'mores and the campfire!

The picture of Shane and Seth looking at the camera makes me laugh! Everyone knows that Shane can't open his eyes very wide. They were lying in the tent taking a picture of themselves, and Shane & Seth both tried to open their eyes as wide as they could. Apprarently Seth inherited to squinty-eyes trait.
Seth ate scrambled eggs that Daddy cooked at the campsite...and then read his Bible with Daddy in the morning. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?



No comments: