Sunday, June 01, 2008

No cute pictures...just some thoughts from today...

Well, I have decided to follow Melissa's lead and brag on my husband for a minute.

Today was our graduation service at church. Shane always preaches for graduation Sunday, and it is always such a sweet service. Today was no exception. In fact, Shane didn't just preach, he BROUGHT IT. It is such a privilege to be married to man who doesn't care at all what anyone thinks of him compared to what His God thinks of him.

He asked me early on in the week to begin praying for the Lord to show him exactly what he should say. It was so important to him to make sure that they weren't just his words and his thoughts, but that they were God's.

I, personally, know that he'd much rather be hanging out with a bunch of teenagers than preaching to a bunch of adults, but I really don't think you'd ever know it just listening to him preach.

In the fall he will begin his 11th year of youth work at this church. As I sat there today, I was amazed at what an honor it is to be able to actually see the fruit from this season of ministry. The average time for youth pastors to stay in one place right now is around 18 months. The group that graduated today is the fifth group of students that he's had the opportunity to work with from 7th grade all the way through 12th.

That really is amazing. And it's amazing the difference it makes for those students. It's such an investment in their lives. It's the opportunity for the parents to build a relationship with Shane long before their child enters junior high. It's the chance to help build a foundation in these students that will carry them straight into a life that is fully surrendered to Christ.

I really, truly am so proud of him. I'll be sure to post the link to his sermon once it's up on the website. I love you, Shane!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Hard to believe only 5 of Dad's nearly 16 years at PSBC have been without Shane! Have I really known you that long?!? Amazing. Tell Shane I'm giving him props! He's been a blessing to the church. I know Daddy has really appreciated his service.

Diane Taylor said...

Allison,
Very well said. We are also proud of what God has done in Shane's life (and your life as well) -- it is evident to us that Shane is seeking what God wants above all else. With a very thankful heart, I thank God that He chose to put you and Shane together; and that He chose the ministry that He did for both of you. I love you.
Love, Mom

Melissa said...

That is awesome. Glory to God. I am so happy about what He is doing through your ministry there.
To answer your ? on my site if you go to www.redemptionplan.com you can hear their music. Click on our music.
PS - Thanks for the link love:0)!

Tami Muhlbauer said...

That is awesome! I can't believe it's been 11 years already. My how time flies! Give him our love and let him know we love him :)