Monday, May 26, 2008

So I'll dance with Cinderella...



I have to tell you, I had put off posting these pictures simply because we have been so busy, and now that I'm finally looking at them, they've taken on a whole new meaning. Please continue to pray for Steven Curtis & Mary Beth Chapman and their family. My heart has been so heavy for them this week.

Shane took Kallie to the "Cinderella Ball" while I was away on my ladies retreat last month. Kallie was soooooo excited about it! It took us a while to get her to understand that Cinderella herself would not really be there. (This was a charity event to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Arlington). She wanted to look like Cinderella, so she wore a blue dress & the Cuppett girls put her hair up in a bun like Cinderella's. They enjoyed some father/daughter dancing, but Shane said she was sound asleep on him before the real dancing started.




Shane took her to Claire's in the mall to get some magnetic earrings. He had the boys with him too and said they were all quite the sight walking into Claire's together, double stroller & all. Apparently, when Kallie heard Shane ask the clerk about earrings, she assumed he was going to make her get her ears pierced and started bawling. It took a while to calm her down & convince her that the magnets wouldn't hurt, but once she understood she was so excited!


Shane said that she enjoyed the dancing, but her favorite part of the evening was the salad! This girl is such a rabbit!


4 comments:

Diane Taylor said...

Allison - I love the updated pics! I am still in awe of how God has abundtantly given Dad and I more time than with you all this year than even I could imagine! We were looking at our calendar and He is absolutely amazing!

Tami Muhlbauer said...

How absolutely precious! That first picture is just adorable!

Way to go Shane...you put a tear in my eye today :)

Anonymous said...

Allison,
I absolutely love these pictures.They don't even need words.It's all in the look on their faces.I miss you all so much.

Melody said...

Oh My.....that is just priceless.

Beautiful pictures!!