Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Break - Part 4 (a day at Disney)

Kallie, Luke, Mom, Dad & I went to the Magic Kingdom for a last hoorah before we headed home. We'd planned this trip a while ago, and the hotel was already booked and everything. The plan was to leave that morning at 6:00 to drive to Orlando. Dad woke me up at 5:30 and asked me to come upstairs so that we could talk. Not good. Mom had been running a high fever all night and was very sick. After much discussion, she INSISTED that we go on without her. As I was downstairs getting ready, Dad came down to tell me that Mom was up and getting dressed & had decided to try it. She took ibuprofen all day long, but in the end she was so glad she came with us! She was the ultimate trooper!!!! A little strep couldn't keep her down! Thanks, Mom!




Mickey definitely wasn't feelin' the love from Luke. Let's just say he wasn't opening his mouth in excitement, it was more like terror.


This was the only group picture we took, and it's not even that good. I think there's a conspiracy among the character photographers, and when you hand them your camera they take really lousy pictures so that you'll buy their overpriced ones. Look at poor Luke. He really wanted to get away from the giant mouse.


The carousel was by far Luke's FAVORITE thing to do all day! Luckily for us, there was no line. I mean, who would stand in line for a carousel at Disney when you can hop on one at the mall any old day? Except this time we didn't have to pay $2 per ride. Luke LOVED the "horsie" and would cry hysterically when it was time to get off. He'd get a death grip on that pole. When we weren't riding, he was screaming, "Ride it! Ride it!" over and over. For part of the day Papa just took him on it over & over again. (I think the carousel was Papa's favorite too.)




Luke on the train.


Kallie on Snow White's Scary Adventure...(scary being the key word)




I love her face in this picture. This was on It's a Small World. She loved all the dolls and the song.


At the end of the day they were SOOOOOO pooped. The park stayed open that day until 1:00 am! Can you believe that?? We didn't make it that long...



Oops...I think we forgot about sunscreen!

3 comments:

Mary Taylor said...

I wish we could have been there! It looks like so much fun. (But Luke really needed sunscreen! Um- why didn't any one remind us about Grandpa's birthday. I can't believe I missed it again. Give hugs and kisses to Seth, Kallie, and Luke.

Tami Muhlbauer said...

I loved all the pictures! I'm so glad Aunt Diane was a trooper and went. It looks like yall had a blast! And you have inspired me to go and stand in the Princess line for Taylor!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.