Monday, April 02, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes...

I just got back from leading worship at our ladies Spring Retreat. When I walked in the front door, Kallie said, "Mommy did you have fun trick-or-treating?" It honestly took half the day before it hit me how her little mind came up with that. I was actually pretty relieved when I discovered the connection...if you know Kallie you know that it's not unusual to never find the connection. She's cute though. :)

Tonight Shane was reading a book to Seth. It was a new book he got at the school book fair about insects. Shane decided it would be a good teaching opportunity & started explaining the process of metamorphasis to Seth, going into great detail about the cocoon, etc. In the midst of it, Seth said, "Dad, that part is called the chrysalis." Look it up, he's right! Shane just laughed & laughed that he was "showed up" by a 5-year-old! Ha!

2 comments:

Diane Taylor said...

I love it! Made me smile...

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Tell Shane to stick to teaching Bible not science!!