Saturday, February 17, 2007

Seth's New Bible

Well, the story begins with Seth coming home from Sunday school & telling us that we have to buy him a Bible because when everyone in his class brings one they get to have a party! Wouldn't you know the pastor's kid is the last one in the class to bring a Bible? Now, don't get me wrong, he has lots of children's Bibles with stories in them...he just didn't have a real Bible.

So he & Daddy took a trip to Mardel to pick out a new Bible for Seth. Now if you know Shane, you know that he doesn't do (or buy) anything halfway. So Seth not only came home with a cool, new Bible (it's actually called a superhero Bible...all of the "heroes" of the Bible are featured throughout), but they also got a Bible cover with tons of pockets & gadgets (it even has a compass on it), and also the entire Bible (read by kids) on cd. I can't even tell you how excited he was about this Bible! He didn't put it down for days. Everyone he saw at church, whether he knew them or not, got stopped so that he could tell them all about it. (And yes, they got to have their party)

Now...fast forward a few weeks to today (Saturday). I was sitting in my office this morning with my Bible & journal when Seth walked in wanting to know what I was doing. He is in school every morning when I usually have my quiet time and doesn't see it. I explained to Him that I was reading a chapter in James & then writing in my journal what God taught me. Well he ran upstairs & got his Bible & a spiral notebook & sat down next to me.

He decided he wanted to read John 6, so I read him a short passage from it & here's what he wrote in his journal:

Translation:

John 6

Men went in the boat

Jesus walked on water

Seth

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Mary Taylor said...

That is soooo cute!!!